Randi Rhodes Forums

Welcome to the Randi Rhodes Message Boards.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you experience difficulties logging in, (i.e. Incorrect Password) please click the forgot password link on the login error screen to have a new password sent to you. If all else fails, register again.

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 5 posts ] 

deja vu koch brothers, rove inVested interest in Florida

Post subject: deja vu koch brothers, rove inVested interest in Florida

Quote:
Florida Voter Purge Official Linked to Koch-Funded Efforts to Defeat Obama

If there were any lingering questions that Gov. Rick Scott's motivation for purging voters, this should put it to rest. Former Secretary of State Kurt Browning, who worked with Scott on cooking up the purge (and is no stranger to voter suppression, having kicked minority and Democratic voters off the lists in 2008), has close ties to an astroturf group funded by, you guessed it, David and Charles Koch. The guys who have committed hundreds of millions to defeat Barack Obama in November.

Just before Browning was selected in 2011 by Scott as Secretary of State, Browning led a group called “Protect Your Vote Inc,” which was set up to oppose fair redistricting. One of the biggest checks to Browning’s organization came from the Center to Protect Patients’ Rights, which gave $100,000 in 2010. At the time of the donation, the source of the money was shrouded in secrecy. [...]

But as Republic Report exclusively reported last month, the Center to Protect Patients’ Rights is part of a universe of front groups financed by David and Charles Koch, the petrochemical billionaires, as well as several other billionaires, as part of an election-influencing effort. New reports this week about the brothers’ strategy indicate that they will now use this constellation of front groups to finance $400 million of a $1 billioncampaign in outside money to defeat President Obama and congressional Democrats. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Mitt Romney’s Super PAC, and several nonprofits controlled by Karl Rove, will furnish the other $600 million.

from the homework to here:
http://www.alternet.org/newsandviews/article/939793/florida_voter_purge_official_linked_to_koch-funded_efforts_to_defeat_obama/

Thank you Randi for the best news stories we may have missed.

1.The quality of being loyal to someone or something.
2.A strong feeling of support or allegiance.
this is a link to CAN YOU VOTE?

Post subject: Re: deja vu koch brothers, rove inVested interest in Florida

what a surprise.....the koch brothers behind yet another anti-democratic, sleazy move.

not a coincidence that Citizen's United was passed after President Obama won in 2008 by a landslide.
that really motivated these mo-fos to get to work, and of course, with the help of scary corporate SCOTUS, finally got the tools to truly decimate what's left of our democracy.

what a surprise.....the koch brothers behind yet another anti-democratic, sleazy move.

not a coincidence that Citizen's United was passed after President Obama won in 2008 by a landslide.
that really motivated these mo-fos to get to work, and of course, with the help of scary corporate SCOTUS, finally got the tools to truly decimate what's left of our democracy.

here is why i am optimistic. we've witnessed rovian tricks circa FL 2000. we've witnessed koch bros tricks via WI 2008.

we've witnessed President Obama and Holder in 2008.
we know what to look for. we're kinda smart.
still with me?
Ninja er President Obama and Ninja er AG Holder :mrgreen: are smart as well.
they know what to look at, and know where to hit and how to hit the tricks.

i'm not saying we shouldn't be vigilant, we should and blow the whistle as loud as we can. we are not alone is what i'm saying.
the disadvantage with Gore imho was he expected everyone to be grown up, and everyone to be unbiased. he was sadly disillusioned and disappointed. our President knows who he is dealing with, as does Holder.

1.The quality of being loyal to someone or something.
2.A strong feeling of support or allegiance.
this is a link to CAN YOU VOTE?

here is why i am optimistic. we've witnessed rovian tricks circa FL 2000. we've witnessed koch bros tricks via WI 2008.

we've witnessed President Obama and Holder in 2008.
we know what to look for. we're kinda smart.
still with me?
Ninja er President Obama and Ninja er AG Holder :mrgreen: are smart as well.
they know what to look at, and know where to hit and how to hit the tricks.

i'm not saying we shouldn't be vigilant, we should and blow the whistle as loud as we can. we are not alone is what i'm saying.
the disadvantage with Gore imho was he expected everyone to be grown up, and everyone to be unbiased. he was sadly disillusioned and disappointed. our President knows who he is dealing with, as does Holder.

Of course, I hope you are correct in your assessment of the situation.
I try my best to stay positive and not freak out....but it's so difficult at times! :(
Keep on truckin'!!! :)

We also need to keep reminding everyone we talk to that it was the ЯepuliKoиs that ran up the credit card bill.

[ 5 posts ]