Randi Rhodes Forums

Welcome to the Randi Rhodes Message Boards.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

If you experience difficulties logging in, (i.e. Incorrect Password) please click the forgot password link on the login error screen to have a new password sent to you. If all else fails, register again.

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

[ 19 posts ]  1, 2  

March 1st and the Republicans holding AMERICANS hostage

Post subject: March 1st and the Republicans holding AMERICANS hostage

OK, my friends, i need you. since randi is not in today.

what is she saying about March 1st and what may happen?

this is nuts.

i am calling on all middle class Americans to take to the streets, get all "bound and gagged" and protest being taken hostage by the republicans.

this insanity must stop.

ALEC owns the republican party and we must stop them.

thanks

:::rena:::

:::renazantz:::

Post subject: Re: March 1st and the Republicans holding AMERICANS hostage

OK, my friends, i need you. since randi is not in today.

what is she ** RANDI ** saying about March 1st and what may happen?

i guess i have learned to trust what she says and it helps calm my nerves, to know what she is saying about what is happening. this is nerve racking...

thanks again.

:::renazantz:::

Here's several news stories on the impact of the sequester on federal agencies.

http://www.federaltimes.com/section/AGE ... ral-Budget

It's boners plan, he was 97 percent happy with it when it happened. I guess that was many shot glasses ago. I'm just glad obummer kept the middle class retirement off the choppin block. Told many that would listen to me back in the early war days, we would be selling our navy someday to the highest bidder. I also remember when I was working only union jobs throughout my career, the non union were getting paid more on their checks, and had 401K plans. I still am looking forward to retirement with my SSI. I am ENTITLED to it.

Republicans = Al Qaeda.

They have the exact same goals.

--Suzanne Collins

Republicans = Al Qaeda.

They have the exact same goals.

Rush and Hannity both are finally admitting their agenda, they are both admitting that yes we want the economy to go in the toilet...

treason

I never thought I would see the day the Republican Party would side with the
KGB over the USA...

Some impacts of the sequester on most Americans:

HuffPo has these listed in one of their little interactive charts, but I'll write out some of the significant ones:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/2 ... de=2130961

Emergency Response
The sequestration would slash funding for the government's emergency response system for disasters such as hurricanes, according to the White House.

Unemployment Benefits
Checks for unemployed people looking for work would shrink by up to 9 percent, according to the White House.

Rental Assistance
About 125,000 low-income families would be at risk of losing their housing because of rental assistance cuts, according to the White House.

Mental Health Programs
The sequestration would eliminate care for up to 373,000 "seriously mentally ill" people, according to the White House.

Food Safety
The FDA would conduct fewer food inspections as a result of sequestration, according to the White House.

Head Start
About 70,000 children would lose access to the early education program Head Start as a result of the sequestration, according to the White House.

Scientific Research
The sequestration would slash scientific research funding at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and National Science Foundation (NSF), according to the White House.

HIV Prevention
Up to 424,000 HIV tests would be on the chopping block as a result of sequestration, according to the White House. Thousands of people with HIV also would lose access to "life-saving" HIV medications.

[snip][end]

All this stuff will hit, if no agreement is reached to prevent the "sequester" on March 1st.

This may not be as bad as refusing the raise the debt ceiling - it will only trash our own economy, mostly, instead of sending a shockwave through the global one.

Quote:
This may not be as bad as refusing the raise the debt ceiling - it will only trash our own economy, mostly, instead of sending a shockwave through the global one.

and will hit the least of us the hardest, thank goodness not a single teapartier is christian

the hypocrisy would be enough to strangle their tiny little chicken necks

KGB over the USA...

Doesn't 50 USC 1601... allow the President to declare a limited National Emergency that Congress reviews in 6 months?

If people are going to suffer and disaster services will be unavailable, isn't this a National Emergency?

I would like to see The President take this moment to declare National Emergency and mobilize to restore services. Let the traitors have a temper tantrum. It's time to stand up to the most dire enemy America has ever faced: Republicans.

--Suzanne Collins

They took us to wars that we now know were a lie, and no one goes to jail for breach of Constitution or Geneva conventions. The oil companies and the like got theirs. Now they jack up our gas prices, and tell us we need a pipeline that, we will never see one damn drop of gas out of. The people on the east coast still wait for a country to come to their aid. I'm sure they wouldn't mind which country. We can build an embassy the size of the Vatican, and spend 10 trillion waging war, remember, Clinton left 6.4 trillion with the debt clock stopped. I also remember the repugs saying the deficit doesn't matter. They should have corrected themselves and stated, Americans don't matter.

BTW, this is the strangest of wounds, the kind that is self-inflicted, and so easily avoidable. It's like setting a trap for yourself months ago and now cursing that you're about to step in it.

IOW, the sequester is something Congress created; in point of fact, if they wanted to, they could very easily, at 11:59 PM on February 28th, vote it out of existence, since they voted it into existence in the first place with the so-called "budget deal".

Rachel Maddow put it rather succinctly tonight. It's clear the Rethugs want the sequester, they're getting what they want.

Boehner told the House Rethuglicans, this is what they want .... and laid it all out for them in a 2011 PowerPoint.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... r-all.html

So stop calling it "Obama's sequester," Orange-Golfing-Man, it's yours, you told your gang you wanted it, take ownership of it.

But again, while Rethugs are getting what they want, no one else in the country, let alone the other political party, is. It's about time we stop the sky from falling on us when we were the ones to weigh it down in the first place.

Democrats should pass a bill simply saying the sequester is now null and void, if the Republican gerrymandered "majority" is going to vote it down, let them take ownership of all the misery and unemployment they've unleashed post-March 1st.

Just heard Boner on Steph saying that if jobs are lost this is a good thing, that we need to cut and so what if people lose their jobs, almost exactly what he said.

Now we all know he and they feel this way, it is just refreshing to hear them say "I got mine, and I don't care if you have yours or not, because I am a greedy and selfish person and patriotism to me is measured by how much I can take from the system, not how much I can give back"...

KGB over the USA...

Just heard Boner on Steph saying that if jobs are lost this is a good thing, that we need to cut and so what if people lose their jobs, almost exactly what he said.

Now we all know he and they feel this way, it is just refreshing to hear them say "I got mine, and I don't care if you have yours or not, because I am a greedy and selfish person and patriotism to me is measured by how much I can take from the system, not how much I can give back"...

What amazes me is how easily they can tell you to eat crap and like it. They even look annoyed for making them say it.

Location: Swinging from a cable out over Oceania, er, America

Image Congress.org

Image U.S. Constitution Online

Brother David...thank you. That whole post has the ammo needed to shut down just about any talking point the wrecking crew and their lackeys can come up with.

When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

~ Cree Prophecy ~

[ 19 posts ]  1, 2